The European Satellite Navigation Competition (ESNC) is an international contest awarding the best services, products or business solutions that make use of satellite navigation in everyday life. The 2015 prize pool is valued at EUR 1,000,000 and comprises cash awards, support-packages, coaching and data access. Prizes will be awarded by key GNSS stakeholders, such as the European GNSS Agency (GSA), the European Space Agency (ESA) or the German Aerospace Center (DLR). Contestants can also participate in the University Challenge as well as the GNSS Living Lab Prize. In addition, more than 20 regional partners worldwide host a regional challenge and provide valuable support.
SMEs, start-ups, entrepreneurs, students and everyone with a brilliant idea is welcome to join and submit their entries until 30 June for the ESNC at www.esnc.eu.
There are two competition tracks:
- The European GNSS Agency (GSA) is looking for the most promising European GNSS (Galileo, EGNOS) application idea. The winner will have the opportunity to realise their idea at a suitable incubation centre of their choice.
- The European Space Agency (ESA) is looking for innovative ideas that can be immediately implemented and quickly nurtured into profitable businesses with the ESA space solutions® Prize
- The German Aerospace Center (DLR) is searching for applications addressing the topic: Navigation – Core Driver for the Digital World
- The German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI) in association with the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi) award PRS Applications – reliable services for a secure digital society
- The ESNC University Challenge addresses students and research associates with a background in GNSS or other related fields of study.
- Participants with a working prototype can apply for the GNSS Living Lab Prize and have their application tested by relevant user communities and potential future customers.
The partner regions 2015 are: Asia, Austria, Belgium (Flanders and Wallonia), Czech Republic, France, Germany (Baden-Württemberg, Bavaria and Hesse), Greece, Ireland, Israel, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Spain (Catalonia, Galicia, Gipuzkoa, Madrid and Valencia), Switzerland and United Kingdom.