The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defense, non-defense and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aerostructures for the aircraft industry.
Terma is headquartered at Aarhus, Denmark. Internationally, Terma has subsidiaries and operations in The Netherlands, Germany, United Kingdom, United Arab Emirates, India, Singapore and the U.S.
The Space Business Area contributes with mission-customized software and hardware products including power systems and star trackers as well as services to support a number of in-orbit pioneering European scientific and Earth observation satellite missions. Additionally, Terma is contracted for the development and delivery of software and hardware systems and services for numerous ongoing and future European, and international missions.
Terma Space operates out of Denmark, The Netherlands, Germany, and the UK.
For our customer, ESA in Darmstadt, Germany, we are seeking an experienced G2G System Security Engineer for the Galileo Project, who will be located at ESTEC, Netherlands.
You will provide support in regard to System Security engineering activities to the Galileo Project with the Head of the GNSS System Security unit within the GNSS Security Office as Technical Responsible.
Typical activities to be undertaken are:
– Coordination of all system security activities associated to the Galileo Second Generation (G2G), in liaison with the G2G System Engineering Team;
– Establishing the System Security Baseline for the Galileo Second Generation in-line with the Mission Level Security Requirements (MRD/SSRS);
– Definition of the Security Architecture for G2G;
– Defining and Following-up the security activities performed by the System Support Contractor;
– Performing the security trade-off to improve the System security robustness and the Public Regulated Service (PRS) with respect to the Galileo first generation;
– Performing and maintaining the System Security Risk analysis for G2G;
– Proposing an incremental implementation of the G2G security baseline within the Galileo Programme;
– Acting as the co-Chairman of the System Technical Board where the technical changes are discussed and approved;
– Participating to ESA and EU working groups dealing with space security matters, and in particular with the Galileo Security Board Working Groups, when Galileo Second Generation topics are addressed;
This is a full-time position as a Terma employee for a placement at ESTEC, Noordwijk, Netherlands, starting on 1st December 2016.
Qualifications & Competencies
Applicants shall have a university degree, in the domain of engineering, science, or other suitable qualification.
Essential skills are:
– Experience in System and Security Engineering;
– Satellite Navigation;
– Fluency in English, both in speech and writing, with excellent communication, reporting and presentation skills;
– Self-motivation, ability to work in international teams distributed throughout Europe;
The following experience would be an additional asset:
– Experience dealing with security components and environments;
– Capability for travelling within Europe;
– The ability to multi-task efficiently; working on multiple activities, multiple subsystems and if applicable multiple missions simultaneously;
Following special requirements if applicable:
– Demonstrated Experience related to GNSS System with more than 5 years of demonstrated experience working in System and Security Engineering;
– Tools Experience: MS Office Tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, VISIO), DOORS requirements management, MODAF Tools (Modelling)
– This job is subject to the selected candidate having or obtaining personal security clearance from his/her national security authority.
You will be required to familiarise yourself with the missions you will be supporting and in particular with the procedures and tools that are needed to perform those. You shall have very good communication skills (verbal and written) and be willing to work in a team of engineers and in cooperation with industry and partner agencies. You shall also be in a position to travel within Europe and worldwide.
Closing date: November 4th, 2016