RHEA is currently recruiting a Galileo GMS Engineer to support the Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities at our client’s premises in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
Tasks and Activities
The scope of work will include:
• Participation to GMS related Integration, Verification and Qualification (IVQ) activities, such as test cases definition and preparation, formal tests witnessing, Verification Credit collection at Element and Segment level, anomalies follow-up at Element, Segment and System level;
• Follow-up of the procurement actions related to the implementation of a set of GMS Elements, being the Technical Officer for elements like Message Generation Facility (MGF), the Up-link Local Station (ULS), and the Service Product Facility (SPF);
• Evaluation of GMS design, with a specific focus on GMS Operations and Operability Improvements, Galileo Services provision, On-line and Off-line Monitoring, System Reporting, Technical Monitoring & Control of GMS Assets, Mission Planning, Mission Support, Training and Maintenance;
• Support to GMS engineering activities, as well as Galileo System level engineering activities, such as requirement engineering, change management and baseline evolutions (DCPs/DCNs), assessment of contractor’s RFDs/RFWs;
• Contribution to GMS and System reviews.
Skills and Experience
The following skills and experience are mandatory:
• University degree (MSc) in telecommunications and signal processing or electronic engineering, as well as experience in these fields.
• Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment including receivers.
• They shall have strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers in addition to GNSS security and processing facilities.
• The specialist shall in particular have at least 4 years of experience relevant with the GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and have good knowledge of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems.
• They shall be specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications.
• Candidates must be eligible for security clearance from their national security administration.