The high-tech and innovative Terma Group develops products and systems for defence, non-defence and security applications, including command and control systems, radar systems, self-protection systems for aircraft and vessels, space technology, and aero-structures for the aircraft industry.
For our customer, ESA/ESTEC, we are seeking to recruit two experienced Product Assurance & Safety Engineers to work at ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands
You will be assigned to the Quality Assurance and Management Section (TEC-QQM) within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management.
You will provide support to the Galileo System Product Assurance & Safety (PA&S) Unit in all the activities related to the execution of the Galileo System Product Assurance and Safety Programme.
Main tasks and Responsibilities
– Provide PA&S support to the Galileo System Integration and Verification (SIV) activities;
– Review test procedures and test reports;
– Witness test executions and report on the status and the major issues;
– Support configuration inspections as needed;
– Participate in major reviews such as TRRs, PTRs, TRBs;
– Contribute to the identification and processing of non-conformances and to the proceedings of the Galileo Non-conformance Review Boards (NRB);
– Participate in Project Reviews at System level, and at Segment level when requested, by reviewing documentations, raising comments and RIDs, discussing them with industry and providing feedback particularly on major critical areas;
– Provide PA&S support to Galileo Security related activities when required;
– Provide PA&S support to the GNSS Evolution development activities (e.g. Galileo Second Generation);
– Monitoring and providing feedback on industrial Contractor activities.
– Support the implementation and maintenance of the Navigation Directorate Quality Management System.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
– A Masters’ level degree in an engineering discipline or the technical sciences.
– A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the space sector include 5 years in Product and Quality Assurance.
– Good working knowledge of the applicable space standards (ECSS).
– Excellent interpersonal skills are needed, together with a high degree of organizational and communication abilities, and comfortable with working in a diverse and multinational team environment.
– Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
– Prior knowledge of the Galileo project or other similar complex multi-national projects would be an advantage.
These are full time positions located at ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
The requested start of work is October 2017.
Closing date: August 28th 2017
Please note that applicants must hold all appropriate documentation and permits to work in Europe. A Certificate of Conduct will be applied for at commencement of employment.