For our customer, ESA/ESTEC, we are seeking an experienced Product Assurance & Safety Engineer to work at ESTEC in Noordwijk, The Netherlands.
You will be assigned to the Quality Assurance and Management Section within the Directorate of Technical and Quality Management.
You will provide generic support to ESA projects in the areas of monitoring & assessing the implementation of the PA & Safety Programme. This includes support to any or all of the following activities:
– Establishing the PA&S requirements baseline for all elements of the project, in compliance with the ESA general Product Assurance and Safety policy; Produce and implement plans, define inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, coordinate efforts of participants, and produce resulting consolidated inputs.
– Reviewing contractor’s plans, specifications and effort proposed for the execution of the project PA&S programme; Produce reports of review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed) and conclusions/recommendations.
Monitoring project & PA status & identify relevant PA issues, including NCR / SPR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items and systematically tracking all items. Produce monthly reports of monitoring activities performed (e.g. inspections, checks, visits, reviews), including conclusions and recommendations.
– Assessing the implementation of PA&S requirements by contractors, participating in design and safety reviews and directing the necessary preventive or corrective actions; Produce monthly reports with assessment activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), contribution to design and safety reviews, and activities related to preventive/corrective action.
– Representing ESA in the Boards established within the project for the disposition of Non-conformances / Failure Reviews, Test Reviews, etc.; Produce reports of participation to boards, indicating the contribution made to these boards (e.g. review of agendas, participants, minutes of meeting, action follow up, close-out).
– Guiding and monitoring the application and procurement of EEE parts, materials and processes and controlling implementation of applicable requirements; Produce reports on guidance provided, monitoring activities performed and status of compliance to applicable requirements.
– Monitoring the manufacturing, integration and test activities with quality assurance audits, mandatory and key inspection points, test witnessing and configuration inspections; Produce report on activities performed with conclusion and recommendations.
– Defining the formal acceptance requirements and conducting the Acceptance Reviews of all contractual deliverable items; Produce and implement plans for the preparation of the formal acceptance requirements, defining steps, inputs, outputs, participants, responsibilities, interfaces, and coordinating efforts of participants to produce resulting consolidated inputs to project documents. Produce also reports on the activities performed for conduction of Acceptance Reviews.
– Supporting the organisation & management of the support from all PA disciplines
– Controlling NCR / Waivers / Problems / Critical Items. Produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available for the NRB or CCB, check that all needed participants are involved, produce NRB or CCB minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper non-conformance/wavier/problem/critical item close-out. Produce also reports on control activities performed.
– PA for the verification, qualification, acceptance & delivery activities.
– Support to launch campaigns.
– Participating in progress meetings and CCB meetings. Produce inputs to the meeting and whenever requested, produce meeting agendas, check that all inputs are available, check that all needed participants are involved, produce minutes of meeting, follow-up on actions identified, ensure proper close-out.
– Participating in all project reviews, including safety reviews. Produce reports on all review activities performed (e.g. documents reviewed, checklists used, spot check performed), conclusions and recommendations.
– Reporting project PA status (deviations from plan / schedule of all of above).
Specifically, this position will initially focus on support to the Galileo project including:
– Operational PA support to the operations test and simulation activities including system verification and integration tests and launch simulation campaigns.
– Operational PA support to launch, satellite commissioning and In-Orbit Test activities.
– Monitor and control the operations Anomaly and Non-Conformance Review process including organizing/chairing, and participation to, Anomaly and Non Conformance Review Boards as required.
– Operational PA input to system level reviews including, PDR, CDR, SQR, ORR and LRR.
The job requires frequent missions.
Qualifications & Competencies
The successful candidate will have:
A Master level degree in an engineering discipline or the technical sciences.
A minimum of 4, but ideally more than 6, years’ experience in Product Assurance and Quality Assurance in the aerospace domain.
Good interpersonal, organisation and communication skills, with the ability to work in a diverse team environment.
Knowledge of Configuration Management or the implementation of Product Assurance within a quality system certified to ISO 9001 would be an asset.
Knowledge of Galileo / Satellite Navigation is an asset