Airbus Defence and Space is a division of Airbus Group formed by combining the business activities of Cassidian, Astrium and Airbus Military. The new division is Europe’s number one defence and space enterprise, the second largest space business worldwide and among the top ten global defence enterprises. It employs some 40,000 employees generating revenues of approximately €14 billion per year.
Vacancies for Galileo Satellite Operations Engineers (m/f) have arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Munich/Taufkirchen. The successful applicant will join “Galileo Operations Bid”.
Please note that the work location will be either the Galileo Control Centres in Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany or in Fucino, Italy.
As members of the Galileo Flight Control Team reporting to Airbus GSOp’s Operations Manager (OM), you will undertake technical tasks and duties to operate the Galileo spacecraft as required in order to maintain high availability of the signals broadcast by the Galileo satellites. In addition you will represent Airbus GSOp in meetings with the representatives of the GSA supporting deployment and operation of Galileo Control System, Mission System and Network elements at the GCCs and other sites.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
– Planning and executing satellite routine operations activities
– Preparing and executing satellite contingency operations as required
– Preparing and execute specific special operations (maneuvers, on-board software patches)
– Analysing and reporting on spacecraft and ground segment performance, including long-term trend evaluations
– Performing anomaly investigation, tracking and follow-up activities
– Collaborating with the Engineering Support Team for ground segment corrections or improvements
– Maintaining relevant procedures of the Flight Operations Plan
– Supporting regular on-call service
– Interfacing with other internal and external teams
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
– Educated to degree level in Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent
– Extensive experience in Satellite Operations
– Experience in Galileo Operations or Engineering would be an advantage
– Good knowledge of MS Office
– Good interpersonal and communication skills
– Negotiation level of English; German and/or Italian skills would be an advantage
Please apply online for this vacancy at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus Group using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus Group.
Airbus Group is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.