HE Space is a successful international space company. For over 30 years, we have been supporting our customers with qualified experts in the field of engineering, science and administration. We are currently looking for a Radio Navigation Engineer to support our customer in the Netherlands.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
As part of the Radio Navigation Systems Implementation and Verification Section at ESTEC you will have the following responsibilities:
– Design, analysis, implementation and testing of radio navigation systems, with emphasis on system architecture and performance, GNSS security and on radio navigation receivers;
– GNSS System implementation and verification including ground segment control and processing facilities and GNSS security;
– In particular for Galileo, participation in studies, simulations and laboratory testing for the assessment of system end-to-end functionalities and performance, including measurement campaigns, data processing and field testing, also applied to radio navigation receivers design and techniques;
– Support to the Galileo project in the monitoring of industrial contracts for the development of radio navigation tools and equipment including receivers and for studies on radio navigation, including generating technical requirements and statements of work;
– GCS engineering activities and reviews such as requirements, key point design, Test Readiness and Results, Qualification and Acceptance. Review of test procedures and reports;
– Establishing and maintaining GCS security requirements, KMF related tasks (deep knowledge of KMF architecture needed);
– Secure Test campaigns for GCS Qualification and Acceptance Reviews.
Skills & Experience
You will have the following qualifications and relevant experience:
– Master’s Degree in Telecom Engineering , Electrical Engineering, Physics or Aerospace Engineering;
– Specific knowledge in the design and testing of Radio Navigation systems and equipment including receivers;
– Strong knowledge on the design of satellite navigation systems, ranging and positioning techniques, RF, signal processing techniques, and digital navigation receivers in addition to GNSS security and processing facilities;
– Have good knowledge of GNSS and GALILEO systems and equipment and of Radio Navigation processing, simulation and testing systems;
– Specialist in the implementation, maintenance and operation of complex Radio Navigation processing, simulation and test facilities for spacecraft, aircraft, maritime and land mobile applications;
– Fluency in English is mandatory; knowledge of another European language is an advantage.
This job is located in Noordwijk. We welcome applicants who are available from July 2016 (or as soon as possible thereafter).