Serco is a specialist at delivering vital services on behalf of European, National and Local Governments.
Serco Europe employ’s a large workforce in Belgium, Luxembourg, France, Switzerland, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and the UK.
Our European operations have ca. 2,000 employees delivering critical services to public institutions throughout Europe.
Full details on application
Relocation assistance provided, (if applicable).
You will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
– Follow-up the procurement of site hosting services for Galileo ground stations and centres under the supervision of concerned ESA Galileo procurement manager and technical officer;
– Support during negotiation phase with the remote sites hosting entities;
– Follow-up of the activities in the remote sites from kick-off until site acceptance by ESA;
– Ensure smooth and timely transition of the sites (i.e. ESA customer furnished items) from ESA to the industrial consortium led by Galileo Industries;
– Reporting progress and escalate issues / alerts to ESA technical office and procurement manager;
– Organize the logistic details for the technical visits to the remote sites by the industrial consortium;
– Organize the logistic details for the security inspections to the remote sites by the ESA Security Office and the national security authorities;
– In coordination with the security office, support the technical deployment of Galileo infrastructure at the GSMC-FR and GSMC-UK sites, in particular:
– Support on-site liaison between the GNSS Agency (GSA) and the Galileo Mission Segment industrial supplier;
– Support the generation of Anomaly Report (AR) and Non-Conformance Report (NCR) handling procedures;
– Support the tracking of ARs and NCRs during the deployment phase and first use of GSA operator;
– Support accreditation process at Galileo remote sites.
In addition to a Master degree in a relevant field, you should bring at least 4 years of experience in the following fields in particular:
– Ground Stations Infrastructure;
– Physical security;
– Ground Segment elements deployment and qualification.
– Furthermore you should be eligible for national personal security clearance.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon you providing documents to verify your identity and employment eligibility, as required by law.
Applicants are reminded that they will be requested to produce such documentation during the recruitment process.
Please contact a member of the recruitment team if you require further details of acceptable types of documentation required for verification of identity and work authorization.
For positions located within the Darmstadt Support Office please note that only applicants with no family affiliation within the Company will be considered.
When creating a profile on the Serco Career Centre you agreed to the Data Protection policy, a copy is available upon request.
You may submit a written request revoking your consent to this agreement at any time.
About the company
Serco Services GmbH, part of the Serco group, A FTSE250, Multi-national Service Provider with over 80,000 employees worldwide.
Serco’s space heritage over the last 40 years has placed us in the Space News Top 50 Space Industry Manufacturing and Services Companies – We work alongside EUMETSAT and the European Space Agency, where we are the largest on-site service provider with ca. 300 staff.
What connects the ever growing Serco workforce is a passion for delivering great service – To keep ahead we have to constantly evolve and enhance the way we deliver our services and everyone in Serco has a role to play here.
Serco provide the right environment to encourage ideas and a comprehensive Best Practice support network that enables them to put their ideas into action.
If you share our values then join with over 100,000 colleagues globally who are equally as passionate about delivering great service as you