The European Global Navigation Satellite Systems Agency (GSA) has set up a selection procedure that aims to establish a reserve list for Programme Manager for Galileo Exploitation.
The Programme Manager will report to the Executive Director, nevertheless such hierarchical reporting may change, in perspective of the developments of the GSA organisation. Tasks and responsibilities indicated below are also subject to possible adjustments.
Among other tasks, he/she will be responsible for:
– Managing the GSA Galileo Exploitation Team (currently composed of approximately 20 staff members)
– Managing the planning and execution of Galileo Exploitation programme activities in compliance with the Delegation Agreements from the Commission, and ensuring the associated GSA interface with Commission representatives
– Conducting Galileo Service Engineering activities: mission analyses from user needs to mission requirements specifications, new service design, user segment standards development
– Specifying the needs for Galileo Service and System Evolutions and implementing the associated design and development activities through a Working Arrangement with ESA, and ensuring the associated GSA interface with ESA representatives
– Ensuring the delivery of Galileo services (Initial Services, then Full Operational Capability Services), coordinating the different contributors to such service delivery
– Prepararing, negotiating and managing the Galileo Service Operations Activities, including Galileo Service Centre (in Madrid), the Search & Rescue (SAR) Galileo Centre (in Toulouse) and Galileo Reference Centre (in Noordwijk), thus guaranteeing proper interface with the Galileo Security Monitoring Centre (GSMC, in Paris)
– Preparing, in coordination with the GSA Security Department and ESA, the Galileo security accreditation milestones
– Representing the Agency in public communication events Furthermore, the Programme Manager for Galileo exploitation will also contribute to other tasks of the Agency, as necessary. Finally, as mentioned above and importantly, such description of tasks may evolve together with the evolution of the Agency’s missions and organisation.
The location for the post of Programme Manager for Galileo exploitation is foreseen to be Prague (Czech Republic). Regular to frequent missions are foreseen for this post.