Vitrociset Belgium, a Vitrociset Group company, can claim almost 30 years of experience in the field of space operations & engineering activities, starting in 1982 with the European Space Agency.
Today Vitrociset Belgium is the Corporate Group’s “center of gravity” for the Space activities in central Europe. With the headquarter located in Belgium and permanent offices presence close to ESA’s centers ESOC (D), ESTEC (NL) and ESAC (SP), the company offers you major opportunities at its many sites abroad, an international environment and assignment to prestigious clients (ESA, CNES, EUMETSAT, ASTRIUM).
Please send your application for this position to Ms Roxana Sasu at: email@example.com
The key personnel will be assigned to the System and Flight Operations Unit of the Galileo Operations Procurement Service Division and will report to the Head of System and Flight Operations Section.
Tasks will include the following:
• Maintain and upgrade the Operations Service project documentation, including MOCD, OSRD in order to accommodate the parallel operations and deployment of new infrastructure, and the preparation for the service provision phase.
• Identify the required Operational Improvements based on Operational experience and trend analysis results.
• Interface the System design experts to ensure that the system functionalities and performances fulfil the mission objectives and operability requirements for all the expected System Builds.
• Support GPO on the interactions with GSA on the definition of the operational aspects required for the Service Provision .
• Support the enhancing of operational planning processes and operational interfaces.
• Active participation to Engineering Boards and System and Segment’s Working Groups.
• Active participation to Galileo System Project Reviews and coordination of the interaction between the operations team and the System Team.
• Follow the definition and implementation of the overall Service KPIs to be applied to Galileo during the Initial Service Validation and Provision phases, and coordinate the technical definition, implementation and validation of the specific operational KPIs.
• Support the preparation and validating the operational procedures for interfacing with the external service providers.
• Manage the Operational Interfaces with the Service Centres, and the delivery of the agreed products (OSM, OSP, ORSI, etc), also in the frame of the Galileo Early Services.
• Organization of OSMBs and coordination of the LTP preparation ensuring that the OSMB outcomes are properly taken into account and flown down also at MTP level.
• Management of Planning Requests affecting service provision and Service related incidents analysis investigation.
• Organization and chair of the Service Anomaly Review Boards for the investigation of planned and unplanned outages affecting the service availability and reporting of the analysis results as input to the NAGU process.
• Attendance of Anomaly Review Boards and Configuration Control Board following in particular the technical issues related to Services provision.
• Support the achievement of Operations readiness for GALILEO Services Provision.
• Development in collaboration with the G2G Project Experts the definition of the G2G services.
• Significant experience in position for operations engineering, operations preparation and execution, with some experience in management tasks.
• A proven experience in in a commercial/industrial environment is required.
• Experience related to developments in the Galileo project (GIOVE, IOV, FOC) will be considered an asset
In view of the complex interaction with numerous entities, candidates should have good communication skills and the capability to work in a complex environment with complex task. Good practical and analytical skills are also required.
Perfect command of English, verbal and written.
Security Clearance requirements
The appointment is subject to the selected candidate having or obtaining personal security clearance from his/her national security authority.
This work requires frequent travels within Europe.